Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Chloe Faye

Today my sweet baby girl turned two! We have our family party planned for tonight and an extended party planned for Saturday, but I wanted to make sure I took a moment to blog about my little girl. She was a sweet, unexpected blessing! Matt and I had decided not to have any children biologically together after we got married. I ended up getting a sinus infection in the Spring of 2009, and the doctor I saw put me on antibiotics. Unknown to me, the interaction between my birth control and the antibiotic made the birth control ineffective. So - TADA - Chloe Faye was conceived. I am grateful we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows better than we do about what we need. I cannot imagine life without our sweet, feisty :) little daughter. Her birth was a little scary. I had been laboring most of the day and only reached 5 centimeters. Suddenly, my OB ran into the room, threw oxygen on me and said only to lay on my side - not to move. Chloe wasn't responding well to the contractions. Matt had given me a blessing slightly before this. I could feel I was ready to push. I told the nurse who condescendingly patted my knee and said, "The doctor just checked you. I am sure you're not a 10 yet." Thankfully, Dr. Dell walked in behind the nurse and checked me anyway. Sure enough, I was ready to push! If I had not progressed so quickly, Chloe may have been in even more distress. What a blessing.

Today, some of my favorite things about Chloe are her spunky personality, her motherly nature and how much she loves her family. Happy birthday my sweet daughter. I am a better person because I have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment