Matt and I have not had good luck with animals in the past. Let's run down the list. First, we got a Black Lab Pit Bull mix we named "Brit" (after our first home together in the Woods of Britton). Sadly, that little puppy came at a time where I was working outside the home and so was Matt. In addition, that little pup was STRONG! So strong in fact that she tore up a little piece of my carpet. I nearly killed her myself, so we knew she had to go. I like animals, I really do, but I am not the kind of person who will let an animal destroy my house, eat me out of house and home or be so demanding that I don't feel like I can do anything because we have a pet. Next, we tried getting a cat. We found a GIANT, free cat on Craig's List we named Quincy. This cat had been abandoned by her previous owner because her new boyfriend didn't like cats. Since this cat was older, she wasn't happy to be in a new home and wouldn't come out to eat or be with the family. We also discovered a few of our younger kids had cat allergies, so she had to go too. Next, we adopted a Golden Retriever from the Humane Society named Chance. He was so sweet. I really liked Chance, but the shelter wasn't honest with us about how much anxiety he had. When we first looked at him, his tag clearly read, "Needs a quiet home." We were prepared to leave empty handed that day because I explained to the worker that a family with six kids and a day care wouldn't be a quiet place. :) She insisted Chance would love an active home. She was wrong. Chance was very anxious if we ever left him alone so much so that he chewed through the wooden pickets in our fence! He also was restless in our home when the day care was here. Not aggressive by any means just unsettled and clearly not happy. He would have been the perfect pet for a retired couple. He loved to go for rides in the car and was so relaxed but he was also seven and past the playful puppy stage that is best for kids. This brings us to present. Matt and I have always wanted to get a dog for the kids. We have had enough experience to know what we wanted and what we didn't! Not a puppy but not too old, not a big dog but not a super tiny one and one with a very happy temperament that could withstand the rigors of life at a day care! We found a breeder, explained our wants and concerns and ended up finding the cutest little Cockapoo named Moo Moo. She is 8 months old and so sweet! The kids LOVE her, she is on her way to being potty trained and she loves our family - especially Matt. Wherever Matt goes, Moo Moo follows. She sleeps on him whenever he sits, waits outside the bathroom door for him and even whimpers and cries if he leaves! Things have gone so well with her! I am so happy to have found her! Below are a few pictures of our seventh family member! One is when she fell asleep in the laundry pile (we have plenty of that to go around :), and the other is her usually nightly nap on Matt's lap.

Poor Pup! Hope everything heals quickly!
ReplyDelete