Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day everyone!  Today, the kids and I put together some special notes and a few gifts to show my sweet husband how much we love and appreciate him!  Each of the kids made a card for him, Andrew bought him a journal from his Nauvoo trip this week, and I bought him some new sandals since his old ones were starting to crack.  I decided to wait until July to celebrate Father's Day as a couple.  There is one week each summer we have no kids at home. :)  I have a few possibilities in mind (a Cub's game, a night in a hotel or even the Indianapolis segeway tour he has been wanting to take).  Either way, we decided to wait.  I love my husband very much and am very grateful for all the dedication and effort he puts in to being a father.  No matter what the circumstance in his life, he has always been there for his children and has never given up on them or decided being a parent was too hard.  He is an amazing example to me, and I have learned so much watching his patience and love as a father.  I love you my sweet Matthew.


No comments:

Post a Comment