 |
| My Dad and I (Nice Suit!) |
Since I wasn't able to spend Father's Day with my daddy this year, I decided to honor him on our blog! If you have ever met my dad, he was probably quiet and possibly gruff sounding. :) Don't let his exterior fool you! My dad has a soft heart...despite how he appears. My daughter, little Chloe Faye, cannot wait to see my dad, and I am told she has him wrapped around her finger when she visits. I have fun memories of my dad when I was young. I used to love to be out in the "shop" with him (his workshop out in our garage). I loved to smell the wood he was cutting, listen to him whistle to the 1950's and 60's music that he always had playing and talk with him about anything that popped in my head. (He always joked that the spiders would run away because I wouldn't stop talking!) I also used to love to lay on our basement couch on Saturday night and watch baseball with him (which was usually a Braves game). During my 7th grade year, my mom had a series of health problems related to a botched hysterectomy. While I loved my dad, up to that point I spent the majority of my time with my mom. When she was too sick to talk or sit up, my dad would let me lay on his lap and cry (which I did a lot because I missed my mom), he would make dinner and would listen to all my "woes" which seventh grade girls tend to have a lot of. :) I have always been grateful for the tender care he offered to me even though I know it was outside his comfort zone.
Thank you, dad, for being such a hard worker for our family and for being a good dad. I love you and hope you had a good Father's Day. (Pucker up - I'll give you your Father's Day kiss in July. :)
 |
| My dad worked a lot outside, and I guess I liked to "help". |
 |
| My Second Birthday (My Dad, Cousin Stacy and I) |
No comments:
Post a Comment