Thursday, January 24, 2013

Nothing Stays the Same

As many of you know, Matt and I have been jointly running an in-home daycare over the last few years to support our family while Matt is working on his degree in accounting.  He currently is about half way through his program and is in desperate need of accounting experience.  (As we look around on Career Builder and Monster to see what is out there right now in his future field, almost all of the jobs want the candidates to have some sort of experience.)  With the economy being what it is, we want to make sure Matt is as marketable as possible in his chosen field.  That being said, Matt came upon a three month contract position as an auditor for Family Development Services (the organization of government over the Head Start program).  He has made it through the first round of interviews and has a final interview next Tuesday to see if he will be chosen for the position.  To say I am torn over this potential new path in our lives would be an understatement.  This change means I will need to hire someone into daycare to help me in Matt's absence.  Also, I will no longer be able to volunteer in the kid's classes or go on field trips.  This will also require our oldest daughter to cut back on her extra curricular activities since I will not be able to pick her up any time she needs.

Mostly though, I will miss him.  It is a great blessing to have someone work with you that loves you and helps you because he wants you to be happy.  I am not a fan of change.  However, I know that this is a great and needed opportunity for Matt which will give him the sense of accomplishment he needs and will set us up better to be financially well into the future.  Why, then, is this such a struggle for me?  I pray that whatever is in the Lord's plan will happen.  I just need that faith and courage to go back to how things used to be before he came home to work with me.  I'll update the blog when we know for sure what our direction will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment