Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pink Princess Party

Yesterday our littlest sweetheart, Chloe, turned three.  My parents have been here for a week visiting and painting our downstairs, so they were able to be here for her special day.  Last night, we went to Chuck E. Cheese with Gram and Pop and then came home for cupcakes with Chloe and a giant cookie with Mattie.  (We hadn't done a cake with Mattie since she was with her biological mom on her birthday, so we did that last night too).  Here is a picture of the girls with their treats!


Today was Chloe's Pink Princess Party.  I looked around online for ideas and found tons of cute ones!  However, we are working with a budget, so I had to eliminate fresh flowers, hired party planers and trays of treats and replace it with fun games, homemade decor and nail polish! :)  We invited one of Chloe's friends from daycare, her cousin and two of our friend's daughters from church.  Here they are all decked out!


I decided to enlist the help of all our kids for the party.  (Some were willing participants while others had to be bribed with Dairy Queen.)  Anyway, our daughters were "senior princesses" who helped out with the party, and the boys were butlers who greeted the guest princesses and took their coats.  It was CUTE!  Matt and I are big Downton Abbey fans, so we had Isaac say, "Welcome to Davisson Abbey!" when the guests arrived.  (He was one I had to bribe. :)



After everyone had a seat at the princess table, they had lunch which consisted of heart-shaped PBJ, pink sprinkled chocolate covered pretzels, strawberry milk and Cheese-Its.  (Okay, not EVERYTHING could be pink! :)  Then, senior princess Mattie and I painted their fingers and toes, and Mattie did their make-up which consisted of a little sparkle powder.  After that, we broke the pinata, opened gifts, made crowns and had cake!  The afternoon ended with watching part of the movie "Cinderella" which is Chloe's favorite.






Happy birthday my little angel.  Heavenly Father truly knows us individually and what we will need, and I needed you. :)
Baby Chloe - About one month old
Princess Chloe opening her Cinderella and Prince dolls

1 comment: