Friday, March 29, 2013

Fun at Mom's

I love visiting my parents.  I miss my mom, dad, nephew and brother terribly.  Whenever we get the chance, Matt and I always head back to my hometown to visit and relax.  My mom has this amazing way of truly caring about and serving those around her.  She always has meals prepared, beds washed and she, my dad, my brother and nephew are always ready to sit and play, help with baths, follow the kids around, etc.  I am blessed to have been raised in this family.  It is so cliche to say, but I wouldn't trade my family for any other.  Okay, enough mushy stuff.  :)

Tonight, my mom and I headed upstairs so I could try on her wedding dress!  It is so pretty and tasteful.  Wedding dresses today can get, well, a little on the revealing side, so it was nice to try one on that was modest and beautiful.  Here is the funny part.  My mom has always been hard on herself and had the notion in her head that she was overweight when she got married.  Not true!  After 130+ pounds of weightloss, I still couldn't completely zip her dress!  My rib cage was not going to allow it!  It was so fun to try it on and play around for a bit.  I love my mom.  I miss her.  She and Matt are my best friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment