Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Moments I Don't Want to Forget


It is becoming extremely obvious, my baby girl is growing up. She talks now, is independent and turning into her own little person. It is gratifying to have a deeper relationship with her as she gets older, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her as a small, precious baby cooing and wrapped up in a blanket in my arms. Today, she was enjoying a bath in the sink. She is starting to get a little big for it, but I plan to continue bathing her in there until she no longer wants to. :) Matt and I were chatting in the kitchen, and it just hit me; I wanted a picture of her in that moment. There is so much I have forgotten from the baby stage, I just know it will be the same with the toddler stage. I want to remember it all! Why do I feel so sad she's my last? I absolutely am grateful to no longer get up every night, no bottles, etc, but I am still sad. I am hoping it is just part of being a mom and will eventually fade. I don't want to be caught up in what I feel I don't have and overlook what I do have.

1 comment: