Sunday, July 8, 2012

How Do You Spend Your Sunday?




For me, the last two Sundays have been spent in a medical facility.  Last Sunday, I was at Med Check with Isaac for his sinus infection.  Today, while Matt and I were sitting in Sunday School, we heard the door open and little feet come running in.  As I turned to see if it was one of my children (which is was), the toe of Chloe's shoe caught on the floor and she went head first into the edge of the piano!  The thud was sickening, and the room went totally silent for a few seconds.  Then the screaming began.  Immediately, the area where she hit swelled up HUGE and turned bright purple.  She was gagging she was crying so loud.  I am filling in at church as the "interim" RS President while the rest of the presidency is on vacation or moving.  The sweet sisters in my ward assured me I didn't need to be there and even gave me a ride to the hospital to be with Matt and Chloe.  One sister took my two oldest to their house while another picked them up and dropped them at home.  My heart is touched by the sweet and selfless service of these men and women.  I am happy to report, Chloe is doing well!  They checked her out and kept her for observation for a few hours, but it seems that the only thing she'll have to deal with is being sore.  I am grateful my sweet daughter is doing well and my heart is full of the love I have felt today from my ward family.

1 comment: