 |
| Isaac taking a bath at grandma's house - Probably around 8 to 10 months old (sorry the quality of the photo is so poor) |
 |
| Isaac almost 6 years old! |
Today I logged into our school's parent portal to see if they had updated the site with which teacher the kids would have this year. When I dropped down the list of our kids (we have to use the 'drop down' feature since we have five in school :), I saw little Isaac's name at the bottom of the list. It took my breath away for a moment. Isaac is my BABY! He is the first child I have raised from his first breath on. He is my pal and makes me laugh all day long! I worry about him riding the bus, what other kids will say, if he'll be teased, if his teacher will be kind....the list goes on. I feel so vulnerable. I have been in charge for the last six years as to what he is exposed to and I made sure he was safe. Now, I have to let him go a little, and I don't like it. He is so excited for his first day, and I just want to cry. I encourage my kids to be independent, but now, as I face putting my words into practice, I am scared and slightly heartbroken to watch my sweet little boy grow up.
No comments:
Post a Comment