Thursday, August 2, 2012

Learning to Ride

Over the last week, Isaac has been working hard at learning to ride his bike.  I'll admit, I tried one evening to teach him and ended up sweaty and frustrated.  Yesterday, I asked older brother (Drew) to try to work with him thinking Isaac may accept suggestions better from him.  It worked!  Andrew explained, in a way Isaac could understand, how to use his body to balance instead of leaning on the handle bars.  In addition, my sweet husband has been taking Isaac out nightly and running beside him as he learns how to ride.  Last night, it all came together, and Isaac rode the farthest he ever has!  I was SO proud of him.  Matt said he is so impressed with Isaac's determination at such a young age.

Even though Isaac was the one taking all the risk, little Chloe tripped on the sidewalk and skinned her knees while we were watching Isaac.  Poor thing!  Luckily the combination of daddy and Sissy Bri tending to her wounds and mommy's lap made her "owies" all better.

Now that Isaac is learning to ride, the next step is to teach him how to brake!





1 comment:

  1. That was so cute. Especially with Matt jogging along side!! Isaac is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete