Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Last night Matt and I took Chloe, Isaac, Jenna and Brianna trick-or-treating around a few neighborhoods in town.  This year was different than any other year because our two oldest didn't accompany us on our route!  Andrew was invited over to one of his friend's houses to hand out candy and "hang" (as he calls it), and Mattie dressed up like a baby and handed out candy at our house.  (We have a rule that the kids can't go out trick-or-treating starting in junior high.  We tell them they can dress up to hand out candy or have a friend over if they want to, but the candy part is over.  Everyone I talk to has a wildly differing opinion on this, but this is what Matt and I came up with.  Sorry if it seems unfair.  I personally don't enjoy high school kids coming to my door for candy.  Again, everyone has their own opinion.  I feel like if they want candy, they can go buy a giant bag any time they please.  I digress....)  Anyway, it has become a tradition in our house that I try to make a "spooky" dinner before we head out, so this year I made "spider soup" (chicken noodle soup with a biscuit spider on the side of the bowl), dirt pudding with gummy bugs and slime punch with bugs (Isaac called this "sewer water punch" :).  The kids really get into it.  This year was SO cold.  I thought I was going to freeze to death, and I even had a giant coat on.  All the kids had a really good time and of course have more candy than they should eat!  I hope everyone had a fun Halloween!  On to Thanksgiving and the best season of them all C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S!  I can't wait!

The "queen", an angel, a cowgirl and Batman!  (I actually took this at the trunk-or-treat last weekend.  I was so cold last night, I forgot to get a group shot!)

Spider biscuit - Originally it only had two legs on each side, but Brianna pointed out that it looked like a turtle!  Ha!  She was right, so we tried to squeeze another set of legs on.

Dirt pudding sprinkled with bugs....mmmmm!

Isaac and Brianna - Brianna was a blur!  She was out of there after getting candy.  You had to keep moving to stay warm!

Jenna & Chloe

1 comment:

  1. WE froze too!! Cute pictures though. I love that Chloe was "The Queen"!

    ReplyDelete