I LOVE all holidays! I love traditions, I love putting up decorations and I love spending time with my family when they're all so excited and enthused to be together. For Family Home Evening this Monday, we decided to go to a local grocery store and choose some pumpkins. The last two years we have gone to a pumpkin patch. This year, however, we are skipping the patch to go on a haunted hay ride this Saturday. Honestly, pumpkin prices at the patch are outrageous! We were able to get seven pumpkins from Kroger for $20. I love a good deal! Anyway, we loaded into the van, belted out any Halloween-ish songs we could think of (we ended up singing "Monster Mash") and headed to the store. After we got back, Mattie played her Halloween CD she bought and we had a family dance-off. We finished the night with some apple pie and a late bedtime. I regretted it the next morning when my kids were hard to get out of bed, but it was so much fun I don't really care! Christmas is just around the corner! I can't wait!
Chloe enjoying her ride with all the pumpkins!

Andrew in the pumpkin bin.

Isaac and Jenna choosing a pumpkin.

Mattie, Bri and Chloe

Jenna & Isaac

Freaky!

A preview of the cutest turkey in the world!

Looks like a lot of fun. I think we are going the grocery store route this time too. Those patch prices are crazy!!
ReplyDelete