I have an interesting perspective of parenting. I have the opportunity to see a lot of different parents and parenting styles not only through my business but also through my personal life. I feel as though all of the good moms of the world need a pat on the back that is deserved but rarely given. Those moms who put their own interest second to the interests of their families and children. The moms who stop everything they're doing (including getting some much needed sleep) to quiet an upset child, listen to an extremely detailed story about someone's day or help with hours of homework. I have taken for granted my friends and family who quietly go about changing their children's and families' lives for the better and never seek recognition.I appreciate the great example of being a mother I had in my mom. She was and remains to be the most selfless person I know. I am so grateful to have her as my example. The last few days have been long. I have had the opportunity to see motherhood at its worst. While it is probably not appropriate to expound via a blog on the situation to which I am referring, my heart is full and saddened today. My hope and prayer is that I will always cherish the wonderful gift of motherhood I have been given. I wrote a note from a recent Relief Society lesson in my journal that said, "Motherhood shows Heavenly Father's great trust in women." I couldn't agree more. The idea that Heavenly Father has placed his trust in me to raise his children is extremely touching and overwhelming. :) Does this mean women who cannot have children have not been given this trust? Absolutely not. As a step-mother, I see the extreme need for the positive mother-figure influences in the lives of children whether or not they are biologically yours or not. I equally see this as a day care provider. Thank you to all the moms who have helped me and my children. Your service is noticed and you are loved. :)
I love you so much my dear sweetheart. The Lord loves you and delights in righteous women. Thank you for being a wonderful wife and mother.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post!! I love the quote from RS. You are an awesome mom. I don't know if I tell you that enough. But you are a wonderful example yourself to others. (including me)
ReplyDelete