Friday, April 27, 2012

Growing Up - Chloe's Big Girl Bed

Yesterday, a very important package came in the mail for Chloe...her brand new big girl bed!  I cannot believe how fast she is growing up!  She has been in a crib in Matt and my closet since we moved to this house almost two years ago!  (Don't worry, our closet is the size of a small bedroom, so she had plenty of room.  Since I don't own that many clothes, it is really a waste of space.  I'd rather have an extra bedroom!)  

Since birth, Chloe has been sleeping in a hand-me-down crib from a nice family at church which started to give out a few weeks ago.  Matt and I decided to go ahead and move Chloe to a toddler bed rather than replacing the crib.  I was nervous because Chloe sleeps so well in her crib, and I hated to mess with a good thing! :)  Last night, my sweet husband put all the pieces together (even though he had a migraine), and we gave it a try.  To my surprise, she fell asleep within 15 minutes and slept the whole night!  She came out of her room this morning and told me, "I all done bed, mama."  

Today, we decided to go ahead and move her into her more permanent room with Isaac.  I was worried maybe Isaac wouldn't want to share his room since he has had his own room for quite awhile now.  He is such a good big brother!  He was SO excited to have Sis as a roommate.  I think this is a great opportunity for him to be the big brother since most of the time he is always treated as a younger brother.  He moved his things around and welcomed Chloe with open arms!  Time is moving so fast.  I am honestly a little sad but grateful the transition seems to be going well.  My babies are growing up! 

Chloe in our room right after Daddy finished putting the bed together.
 

Chloe still asleep this morning!

Chloe in her new room with Brother!

Isaac excited for his new roommate! 

This is silly, but it is a picture of their shared closet.

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are going well with the room and bed switch!!

    ReplyDelete