Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter

This year, 50% of our children were gone visiting their other parent on Easter Sunday, so we decided to wait to have our family Easter until last Wednesday! (Monday was busy because it was the first day back to school after Spring break, and Tuesday was Activity Girl and Mutual night at church for the kids). The bright side to waiting until after the holiday to celebrate is being able to buy the candy and little gifts 50% off! (I did have the checker at Walmart tell me that I couldn't save the candy until next year - which I told her I wasn't - to which she replied, "Well either way, it isn't healthy for you." I couldn't help myself, I decided to act surprised and shocked at the idea that a solid chocolate bunny could be anything less than healthy.)

This year I decided to do a mix of candy and items the kids actually needed in their baskets. We bought new swimsuits for the girls and a new t-shirt for each of the boys. Then I bought little items like lip gloss, fun character toothbrushes, body spray for Drew (after all, he'll be in high school next year and needs to smell nice :), squirt guns, Old Maid and Go Fish card games and a playground ball in addition to some eggs and a chocolate bunny. It is amazing how quickly the price adds up! I had to stop myself!

Tonight I tried a new recipe with the family (Chicken Parmesan with pasta), and then Matt and I hid the baskets! It was a lot of fun to spend some time with everyone! Much to the chagrin of my oldest, I informed him the Easter bunny would no longer be visiting him as he will be in high school next year. Maybe in the form of some candy or clothing but the baskets would no longer appear. :0)

I included some random pictures of our hunt and the hunt that Matt's parents hosted last Sunday. I'll add another picture this Sunday when we are all dressed up in what would have been our Easter attire! Happy Easter and welcome Spring! (Sorry Drew is not in these! I have one of him hunting for his basket, but it is on Matt's phone. I will post it later this week!)

Jenna and her loot! (She was a little sad because she couldn't put on her suit! We bought it one size too big. Not to worry, I already exchanged it. :)

Chloe in her sassy purple swimming suit!

Mattie and Brianna modeling their new suits too!

Isaac in his new Mario shirt! (I guess he's pretending he's a monster. :)

Sweet Brianna and her basket - I really like this picture. Her smile is so pretty.

Happy Sissy!

Finding her treasure! (She was only suppose to pick up 39 eggs, but she did better than that! Daddy had to help her put some back.)

1 comment: