This weekend, Matt and I took the kids camping at Summit Lake. It was a lot of fun! Sadly, Isaac couldn't go with us on this trip because he was visiting his dad, but he was able to go last weekend with Matt and Drew on the father/son camp out. I felt better that he wasn't totally left out. Plus, we already have plans for another camp out in a few weeks, so he will get his fill this summer. :) Anyway, we arrived at camp around 6:30, pitched our tent and then headed to the park. The kids had a lot of fun playing in the sand and on the park equipment. Then, we headed back to camp to get our fire started and roast some hotdogs and make s'mores! After eating, we sat around the fire, chatted and told scary stories. Around 11, we all turned in for the night. All the kids did great! I was especially surprised by Chloe. She laid down by Matt and I and went to sleep. We had a visitor in the middle of the night that added to the excitement! About 2 am, Mattie woke us up to tell us something white was digging in a bag outside the tent. (We think it was a possum.) It ran away when we moved around in the tent. About 10 minutes later, I heard it again. This time, Matt peeked out and saw a raccoon lifting up the lid of our cooler with one paw and helping himself to a hotdog with the other! Matt shined the flashlight in its facing thinking it would run away, but the raccoon actually seemed pleased with the light! After Matt threw a few rocks in its direction, it ran away. I never knew raccoons could open a cooler! Crazy! More fun camping pictures to come! We are planning to camp a lot over the summer! I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
 |
| Chloe and Big Sister Jenna Checking Out the Tent |
 |
| Sweet, Excited Little Faye! |
 |
| My Handsome Husband |
 |
| A Snack! |
 |
| Relaxing By the Fire |
 |
| Mattie and Brianna Unloading the Van |
 |
| Mattie, Chloe & Brianna |
Looks like it was a hit!!
ReplyDelete