What a way to prepare for church this morning. This Sunday is the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I was up and downstairs by myself this morning watching the coverage on the news and through live streams on the internet. How powerful this was. The Spirit was so strong with me. I remember the day so well.
As I listened to the names being read, and the music be played, I had tears swell up in my eyes. The images of loved ones embracing each other at the new memorial just open today. Only victim's family members were invited. You could see people holding up pictures of those that passed. People were touching the names of those they lost on the memorial.
To think that between the flights, the towers, and those who rushed in to give their lives there were daughters, sons, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, and so on that were lost for good in this life so abruptly. I could not imagine losing a family member in such a tragic way. My heart goes out to all those families and those who have served and protected since that day.
How lucky we are as members of the Lord's Church. To know that we can live again with our dear family members for time and all eternity. I am so grateful I am to have the wonderful family I do have. To be sealed for all time to my dear sweetheart, Amanda. Oh, how I love her and draw close to her on this day knowing that on that tragic day someone lost their spouse and doesn't know the blessings of eternal marriage. My prayer is that we teach these precious doctrines to all the world that they may find peace through the King of all kings, The Prince of Peace, even Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment