Friday, September 30, 2011

How I Love Our Older Kids

Tonight was wonderful!  Three of the four youngest were gone tonight with their other parents.  So, we decided to get a sitter for our youngest.  We had a fantastic young woman from our church come over to babysit.  She was amazing.  She even got Chloe to sleep for us. 

We took our two oldest out for a "date".  We never get to do anything fun like this with them.  We went to Houlihan's at the mall.  We don't usually take the kids to what I would consider a pretty nice restaurant.  Usually, the only sit-downs they go to are the likes of Applebee's or Texas Roadhouse.  They absolutely loved it.

Afterwards, we went to some shops close by.  The girls, of course, wanted to go to a shoe store.  Us boys went to Radio Shack.  The stereotypes fit.  Girls like shoes and guys like techy gadget stuff.  My wife yelled "Nerds!" as we split up.

We later went to a cell phone store to see about adding a line on for them.  They are getting to an age where they will have more activities with school and church outside the home and will need a way to contact us.  It is scary at the same time.  Anyway, Mattie took a picture on one of the phones in the store and texted it to my wife.  She got it after we left the store.  How funny!  They are so fun and hilarious.

It was so much fun.  I think it is imperative in this day and age to take the time to show your kids how much you love them as individuals.  I also like the idea of taking my oldest son and daughter out with my wife and I to show them how a man should treat a lady and vice versa.  I look forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment