Monday, September 12, 2011

It's a Miracle!

While I know that cleaning on the Sabbath isn't exactly a Sunday-worthy activity, yesterday I couldn't take the messy rooms anymore! I sent all the children upstairs to their rooms to at least put toys away and bring down their dirty clothes (which, by the way, is now a mountain in my laundry room). Anyway, Jenna and Isaac, being little ones, need to be loving prodded in order to complete any task assigned to them. After 30 minutes, I could hear there was more playing going on than cleaning, so I called them downstairs and went up to inspect. It looked pretty good, but I finished up with the toys and laid an outfit out for both of them for school on Monday. When it was time for dinner, Isaac and Jenna came running to the table and Isaac said, "Mom we witnessed a miracle!" Jenna said, "Yes! A real one! We went to play in Isaac's room and it was even more clean than when we left, AND our clothes were laid out for school! Isn't that amazing mom?" They were quite convinced that divine intervention had taken place and the Lord saw to it that there room was clean! So cute! However, I did let them know I cleaned it. I didn't want to hear a future excuse that they didn't have to clean because the Lord would take care of it. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny but cute that they would think of Heavenly Father . Love It!

    ReplyDelete